Exquisite flavours, exceptional tastes.
Enjoy the finest Tuscan specialties.
Tuscany is a land that amazes, and the food and wine is no different. In addition to our exceptional traditional dishes, there are five unique specialties of the land that everyone should experience.
- Indulge in the world-famous chocolat of Andrea Slitti, the Monsummano Terme chocolatier whose creations are revered for their richness, craftsmanship and variety.
- The Montecatini “Cialde” are flaky egg based wafer pastries with a thin filling of minced almonds and sugar that go perfectly with a nice cup of hot chocolate.
- The Fagiolo di Sorana PGI is the most celebrated bean in Tuscan cuisine. It is tender and delicate, small and slightly flat, whitish in colour, with a thin and smooth peel that completely fuses with the pulp once cooked.
- The Pecorino cheese from the mountains of Pistoia is a rare delight from the Tuscan dairy industry. It is a semi-hard cheese, aged for a short time, and its uniqueness comes from how it’s processed: the raw whole unpasteurized sheep’s milk of the Massese breed is processed with very ancient techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation.
- The Pistoia province offers some of the best wines in the country, such as the Chianti Montalbano Doc, the White of Val di Nievole Doc, and the Vin Santo of Val di Nievole Doc.